in order of appearance in issue
- Placed Cable Aran (though, I'll probably have to lengthen it)
- Tangled Yoke Cardigan (I think this is the one I most want to knit from the issue)
- Cinnabar Pullover (I love the linen stitch on the cuffs and the high neck will keep me warm this winter!)
- Cobblestone Pullover (you know, for the next time my brother wants a sweater...)
- Sweet Heart Vest (cause I think I'm all about vests this year...)
Also, I picked up a copy of the Fall 2007 issue of Vogue Knitting. I'm not a huge Vogue Knitting fan. I think they follow fashion trends too much, which makes their magazines in general too dated. I picked this one up mostly for the articles. There's an interesting one by Lilly Chin on how to knit knits that flatter yourself and another one is an interview with a bunch of knitting "celebrities." There were a couple others, but I haven't gotten to them yet. Anyway, like I did for the Fall 07 IK, I should go over the list of projects in Fall 07 VK that I'm interested in knitting. For some reason, this issue didn't strike me as much as the IK did. Maybe it's just because I'm looking for more stockinette (dude, I've been knitting texture ALL YEAR LONG!)
- 16 Deborah Newton's honeycomb hoodie
- 31 Gayle Bunn's Diamond Cable Tunic
- 34 Susan Haviland's Crossover Neck Pullover (probably the only one here that i feel like I NEED to knit it it and soon!)
- 35 Jenn Jarvis's Hooded Cable Tank
What are these?!
They're the stitch markers from Icarus!! But...you may ask, why aren't they on the needles with the rest of Icarus?
Well, that's because Icarus is no longer on the needles!!! Here she is looking like a lump of yarn on a table:
Yup, it only took a year to complete her, but she's finally done! I have my knowknits bag back for a new sock project and markers for any other projects (ahem, clapotis) that i might want to work on. She needs to be blocked, but that's going to have to wait until I go to Burning Man when she'll have time to laze about on my bed un-hindered by her human creator.
Well, I'd like to post on what I've started to knit (a pair of pirate socks and a clapotis), but it's going to have to wait because this is the longest week ever and I totally need some shuteye.