Sunday, November 12, 2006

All for Naught

I got about 15 inches through my brother's sweater. He came home this weekend, and I told him to bring a favorite sweater with him. After having seen the sweater, and discussed its fit with my brother, I have to completely rip out the sweater. Good thing is that I can just follow the pattern for the measurements though. The sweater's 26" long, and 44" across, but he said he wanted a bit more ease, so I'm just going to knit it with the instructions written in the book.

A whole week worth of work wasted. At least I can make up for it a bit on the bus home today if I don't sleep the whole way.

7 comments:

schrodinger said...

Oh, that totally sucks. But on the bright side, at least you didn't knit the whole thing and find it was a poor fit :) Hope you make a good dent on your knitting today.

Anonymous said...

Oh no, how awful! This seems to be happening to a lot of people lately. There should be a support group for this kind of tragedy.

Heather said...

ditto the last two comments.

Kepp it up!! (your chin and your knitting!)

And here's wishing your dad a swift recovery!

Anonymous said...

That...SUCKS! But knitting is knitting, I mean, as long as you're doing it, it's good -- right? yeah, right!

AJ said...

15"?!?!? After stabbing him in the thigh with my knitting needle, I might consider ripping and reworking! For the love of God! Hope that the next 15" goes quick for you!

Anonymous said...

The University of North Texas is sending spam? What is this country coming to? =D

Sorry about your bro's sweater -- you definitely get Sister of the Year Award for being so accommodating!! But then again it's better than finding out it doesn't fit...

I am going to miss S&B yet again (sigh), but I haven't forgotten about the E Zimmermann books. I'll bring them next Tues if you're around. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your time away.

Passionknitly said...

Family member of the year award I believe. :)

Damn, i didn't know I got enough hits to warrant spamming like that.